Practical Polar Survival Course
Duration: One day
IMO Polar Code is mandatory for deck officers only. And it's mostly theoretical considering Safety and Survival issues.
This one day Practical Polar Survival Course deals with the most important issues for Emergency Situations on Polar Waters. The target group is both deck officers after Polar Code Course and why not the whole Crew. Every member of the Crew operating on Polar Waters needs this training!
- Lifesaving appliances in polar area (theory)
- Life boat operations in polar area (practical)
- Life raft operations in polar area (theory and practical)
- Immersion suits (practical)
- Helicopter rescue (practical)
- Cold water survival (theory and practical)
- Fire fighting in low temperatures (practical)
- First aid (MFAG) (theory and practical)
We arrange courses for groups on request. The maximum number of participants is 20. Price is 250 EUR/person (incl. VAT 24%) and includes lunch.
Enquiries: Elli Haanpää, Coordinator.